Before calling in your problem or making a work order request, please check the below possible options:
- Check that a fuse hasn’t blown or that the circuit breaker hasn’t tripped. Replace with the appropriate fuse or reset the circuit breaker.
- Check the furnace filter. If the filter is dirty it needs to be replaced.
- Check the thermostat. Make sure the batteries are good and that temperature isn’t set too low if the inside temp is high inside.
- Check the outside unit to make sure the fan blades are moving and that the unit is not iced over.
- Some AC units have a light switch right next to the furnace which turns the furnace and AC off. Because this switch is identical to a light switch, it gets turned off by mistake. Simply check any nearby switches. If they don’t turn lights on and off, they may be turning the furnace and or AC on or off.
If after checking the above and you still do not have air conditioning, please submit an online maintenance request.